NIDRA RESTORE: YOGA FOR SLEEP
Autumn 2020: September 17th – December 3rd • Thursdays 8:00pm – 9:00pm (ET)
Within Canada • Ages 16+ • All levels + Beginner-friendly
Join me for a chill evening wind-down as we prepare for a peaceful night’s sleep. Together we will flow through a tranquil combination of gentle mindful movement, restorative postures, soothing breath work, mantra and sound, and guided relaxation, all within the framework of yoga nidra. You’re welcomed to bundle up in your comfiest PJs and practice on your bed or a mat beside, with the convenient option to continue resting afterward. Props include some cushy things (e.g. bolster or few pillows), a blanket or two, and an eye covering (e.g. eye pillow, mask, or scarf). Enjoy a free 30-minute practice video version of this class!
Online drop-in via Zoom
Your first class is free – redeemable until the end of October 2020.
Reduced rates are available for a number of individuals with low income; please do reach out if interested!
• New students are required to fill out a brief intake form.
• E-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org and reserve your space at least one hour before class starts using the form below, holding as many classes as you have prepaid for. The Zoom link will be e-mailed to you before class.
• Class passes are non-refundable, non-transferable, and valid within the season of purchase. If you are no longer able to attend a class, cancel the reservation by contacting me at least one hour before class starts. Otherwise, the class pass will be redeemed.
*The Timeless Times is a seasonal e-newsletter which includes a lovely package of research, resources, and offerings on yoga nidra and related practices.
THERAPEUTIC YOGA + NIDRA: PERSONALIZED MEDITATIVE CARE
Monday – Friday 12:00pm – 7:00pm (ET) • One hour sessions
Within Canada • Ages 16+ • Adaptive levels
Enjoy a private or semi-private meditative yoga session to assist your unique wellness journey(s). We will begin with a check-in to grow aware of your current needs and intentions, followed by a thoughtful selection of cooling therapeutic yoga practices (e.g. gentle mindful movement, restorative postures, soothing breath work, mantra and sound, aromatherapy, and/ or head massage), a custom tailored yoga nidra, and conclude with a grounding check-out. Recordings of the yoga nidras will be provided, along with techniques to aid your personal practice(s).
|I can help support…|
|Improved sleep quality
Stress and anxiety relief
In-studio at The Nidra Nest (ON HOLD) or Online appointment via Zoom
• Unsure if my services are suitable for you? Request a free 15-minute consultation!
• New clients are required to fill out a brief intake form.
• Connect with me to book an appointment and e-transfer to email@example.com. Once confirmed, the exact location of the studio or Zoom link will be e-mailed to you.
• Session passes are non-refundable, non-transferable, and valid within four months of purchase. If you are no longer able to attend a session, cancel the appointment by contacting me at least 24 hours before the appointment start time. Otherwise, the session pass will be redeemed.
SCOPE OF PRACTICE:
Yoga is a complementary wellness tool; it may assist but not replace treatments and practices recommended by healthcare professionals. For help with clinical health concerns, first and foremost see a family physician or appropriate specialist. These include clinical psychologists, registered social workers, and registered psychotherapists for addressing mental illnesses, as traditional counselling modalities are outside my scope of practice.
Rather, I offer training in yogic techniques that may synergistically support mental health, alongside best efforts to cultivate safe and inclusive class environments. Furthermore, I utilize a trauma-sensitive approach, encouraging consent culture dynamics, personal autonomy, inner experiencing, and self-care. You are invited to read more about my operating ethics and inquire further if needed.